Tourist Passports may be applied for at the City of Walker Clerk's office

Passport Hours: Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am to 4 pm and Fridays 7:30 am - 11 am.

Passports are by Appointment Only! Contact the City Clerk's Office at 616-791-6865 to make an appointment or to call with any questions or concerns. We also take passport photos!

Six Month Validity Rule

The Six Months Validity Rule is imposed by foreign countries, and not by the United States. It simply means that your passport should be valid for more than six months from your return travel date. Click here to search the passport validity requirements for the country you will be visiting.

What you Need to Apply for a Passport

  1. Application filled out. To fill out a passport application online go to the following website.
  2. Drivers license
  3. Certified Birth Certificate with raised seal (From County)
  4. Passport pictures (We take pictures for $10 per person) - Must meet Passport Requirements (taken within past six months, white background, and 2" x 2", etc.)
  5. Two Separate Payments
    1. One payment to the U.S. Dept of State (Check or Money Order ONLY)
    2. Second payment to the City of Walker (Cash, Check or *Debit/Credit Card

*A minimum fee will be applied for Debit/Credit Card transactions.

Please Note:

  • Both parents must be present to sign for a child's application (15 and under).
  • Children under the age of 16 reapplying for a passport must still submit a Certified Birth Certificate with raised seal (From County) with the application. Passports not yet expired MUST be submitted as well. It is also best to bring in the expired Passport with required documents in case it must be submitted.
  • If your name has changed from your prior passport you will need to submit documentation to show your name change (examples: Court order, Marriage License, etc.). Please call if you have questions.
  • If your passport has been expired more than 5 years or you were a minor (under 16 years old) at the time the passport was issued, you will need to reapply for a passport with the DS-11 Form.

12-2021 Passport Fees

To Verify Processing Time visit this website.