How to Apply for a Tourist Passport

Tourist Passports may be applied for at the City of Walker Clerk’s office
Passport Hours are: Monday – Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Fridays 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
No appointment necessary, however please call ahead to ensure a Passport Agent is available to assist youContact the Clerk’s Office at (616)791-6865 with any questions or concerns.  We also take passport photos!

Six Month Validity Rule
The Six Months Validity Rule is imposed by foreign countries, and not by the United States. It simply means that your passport should be valid for more than six months from your return travel date. Click here to search the passport validity requirements for the country you will be visiting.

What you Need to Apply for a Passport

  1. Application filled out.  To fill out passport application online go to: travel.state.gov
  2. Drivers license
  3. Certified Birth Certificate with raised seal (From County)
  4. Passport pictures (We take pictures for $10.00 per person)  – Must meet Passport Requirements (taken within past six months, white background, and 2” x 2”, etc.)
  5. Two Separate Payments
    1. One payment to the US Dept of State (Check or Money Order ONLY)
    2. Second payment to the City of Walker (Cash, Check or *Debit/Credit Card

*A minimum fee will be applied for Debit/Credit Card transactions.

Please Note:
  • *Both parents must be present to sign for a child's application (15 and under).
  • *Children under the age of 16 reapplying for a passport must still submit Certified Birth Certificate with raised seal (From County) with application. Passports not yet expired MUST be submitted as well. It is also best to bring in the expired Passport with required documents in case it must be submitted.
  • *If your name has changed from prior passport you will need to submit documentation to show name change (examples: Court order, Marriage License, etc.). Please call if you have questions.
  • *If your passport has been expired more than 5 years or you were a minor (under 16 years old) at the time the passport was issued, you will need to reapply for a passport with the DS-11 Form.

Passport Image Book - COVID

Passport Image Card

To Verify Processing Time Click Here