What is a zoning permit, and do I need one?

A zoning permit is the permit issued by the City that allows you to use the property for your intended purpose. Some examples of uses that might require a zoning permit are:

  • Outdoor sales (tent sale, sidewalk sale, Christmas tree sales, firework sales, and similar uses
  • Outdoor event in a non-residential district (carnivals, fairs, athletic events, auto shows, and similar uses)
  • Temporary roadside farm stands in zoning districts other than AA-agricultural
  • Home occupation
  • Mobile food vending

You can complete the Zoning Permit Application (PDF) and submit to our office via email

Show All Answers

1. Is my land use permitted?
2. Can I operate a business from my home?
3. I want to build an outbuilding (garage, pole barn, etc) what are the rules?
4. Can I construct a fence on my property?
5. Can I have backyard chickens?
6. What is a zoning permit, and do I need one?
7. What if I can't meet the ordinance requirements? Can I apply for a variance?
8. What is a zoning verification letter, and how do I obtain one?