Dog licenses are no longer available for purchase at Walker City Hall.
Purchasing of Dog Licenses:
Dog licenses may be purchased in person at any of the following locations:
- The Kent County Animal Shelter located at 740 Fuller Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
- The Humane Society of West Michigan located at 3077 Wilson Avenue NW, Walker, MI 49534.
- The Kent County Treasurer’s office located at 300 Monroe Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
- Any participating local veterinarian’s office.
Online Purchasing: Dog licenses may also be purchased online (please click here). Online participants must have the ability to scan and attach required documentation.
- Michigan law requires that all dogs 4 months of age or older be licensed. The Kent County Animal Shelter administers the dog licensing program for all of Kent County Michigan, including the City of Walker.
- Newly acquired dogs must be licensed within 30 days. Also, new residents to the City of Walker and/or Kent County must purchase a license within 30 days of their move.
- Dog license fees are discounted for dogs that have been spayed or neutered.
- Dog license fees are discounted for senior citizens. In order to qualify, a person must be 62 years of age or older and be able to provide identification showing date of birth.
- Dog licenses must be purchased on an annual basis. However, recent changes in the licensing program allow for the potential to purchase a three year license. Further details, including license fees, are available through the Kent County Animal Shelter at 616.632.7300 or by visiting their web site.