News Detail

Walker Veterans Can File DD214 Form with City Clerk's Office

Veterans in Walker can now file their military discharge papers, form DD214, with the City Clerk's Office. This can be beneficial for several reasons: Veterans may receive state or local benefits faster, and filing with the Clerk's Office allows quick access to the DD214 should the veteran need a replacement in the future. If a DD214 is lost or misplaced, it can take at least two weeks, possibly longer, before a replacement from the National Archives arrives.  

For more information on the benefit of filing the DD214 form with a county or city clerk, find it at

To contact the City of Walker City Clerk's Office, call (616)791-6865 or email Walker City Clerk Sarah Bydalek at