Special Notice: The Passport and City Clerk's office will be Closed on Thursday, August 16, 2018 from 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM due to a meeting.
NO Passports will be processed.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Tourist Passports may be applied for at the City of Walker Clerk’s office
Passport Hours are: Monday – Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Fridays 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
No appointment necessary, however please call ahead to ensure a Passport Agent is available to assist you. Contact the Clerk’s Office at (616)791-6865 with any questions or concerns. We also take passport photos!
Six Month Validity Rule
The Six Months Validity Rule is imposed by foreign countries, and not by the United States. It simply means that your passport should be valid for more than six months from your return travel date. Click here to search the passport validity requirements for the country you will be visiting.
What you Need to Apply for a Passport
- Application filled out. To fill out passport application online go to: travel.state.gov
- Drivers license
- Certified Birth Certificate with raised seal (From County)
- Passport pictures (We take pictures for $10.00 per person) – Must meet Passport Requirements (taken within past six months, white background, and 2” x 2”, etc.)
- Two Separate Payments
- One payment to the US Dept of State (Check or Money Order ONLY)
- Second payment to the City of Walker (Cash, Check or *Debit/Credit Card
*A minimum fee will be applied for Debit/Credit Card transactions.
*Please note both parents must be present to sign for a child's application (16 and under).
To Verify Processing Time Click Here