How Do I Get a Building Permit?

Applying Online:

We are excited to announce that the City of Walker will be implementing the ability to apply for Permits and Schedule Inspections online starting January 14th, 2019!

Click here to set up your online account.

In order to benefit from all of the features that BS&A Online provides, you must create an on-line BS&A Online Account and link it with the contractor record that is established in our Building Department software.  This allows you to see all your permit and inspection history in the City of Walker.

Click registration in the lower-left hand corner and follow the registration process.  You will be sent an email once your account is created. Once you have clicked on the link in the email your account will be activated. Creating an account takes less than 5 minutes.

Once I’ve created the account, how do I link it with the municipality?

  1. While logged into your BS&A Online account, click on the ‘Municipalities’ button found in top right-hand corner of your screen
  2. Search for and click on “City of Walker | Kent County | MI”

** Each registered contractor will be assigned a pin to link their newly created online account to current building projects on January 14th **

Once you have created and linked your account, you will be able to log into BS&A Online at any time to view your activity history, request inspections and apply for permits Online. While the full online functionality of BS&A Online will not be active until January 14, 2019 we encourage you to create an account ahead of time.

Apply in person:
Click here for printable applications.

Please contact us with any questions:
Sherry Wierzbicki –
Andrea Hendrick –
Community Development Department  - (616) 791-6858