Income Tax Department Overview

2020 Walker Income Tax Returns are due June 1, 2021

See Income Tax FAQ #14 for information regarding COVID-related wage allocation for non-residents. (Use link on left)

Preparation of Walker Income Tax returns at the counter in City Hall is available by appointment only.  You must call 616-791-6838 for an appointment.  You are highly encouraged to have your return prepared 'contactless' by email ( or by use of the green drop box.

eturns and payments should be placed in the green City Hall drop box or mailed to Walker City Income Tax, PO Box 153, Grand Rapids MI 49501-0153.
Check payment through the green drop box is HIGHLY preferred. 
Please call the Income Tax Department with any questions at 616-791-6880 or email

E-file your 2020 Walker Income Tax Return
We will again be accepting 2020 Walker resident and non-resident returns by e-file.  If you use a paid tax preparer that e-files your federal and state return, they will be able to e-file your Walker return this year.  If you use TaxAct software/online tax program to prepare your own federal and state returns, you will be able to e-file your Walker return this year.  Click here to visit the TaxAct site for more information.  Please note that other software/online tax programs used for self-prepared returns (TurboTax, H&R Block, TaxSlayer) do not participate with Michigan local e-filing.


Contact Us!
Send an email

The Income Tax Department is charged with the administration and enforcement of the Uniform City Income Tax Ordinance. The Department is committed to providing courteous service to taxpayers and tax preparers. It is our goal to ensure that all taxpayers pay the lowest legal income tax liability to the City of Walker.

The main functions of the Department are return processing, accounting for receipts, income tax enforcement and taxpayer assistance.2018-01-17 15.43.26

Contact Information

For general questions and to request forms, please call the main income tax line at (616)791-6880.

For questions regarding individual or partnership income tax, please call Deb at (616)791-6838 or send an e-mail.

For questions regarding withholding tax or small claims cases, please call Nancy at (616)791-6869 or send an e-mail.

For questions regarding corporate income tax, please call Cherie at (616)791-6870 or send an e-mail.