Leaving the State

You may travel anywhere you wish within the State of Michigan. However if you would like to leave the state, you will need to request permission from your Probation Officer. Please inform your Probation Officer at least one week prior to your leaving. You will need to provide the dates of your trip, location, and your accommodations with an address and phone number where you may be reached and notify them of your return.

Your Probation Officer has the authority to deny permission to leave the state. This is likely to occur if you are in the process of completing counseling, community service work, fulfilling other court requirements, have outstanding fines, costs or fees or have been performing poorly during your term of probation.